Severn Waste Services and Mercia Waste Management

Final applications to the Severn Waste Environmental Fund must be received by Thursday 23rd March 2017.  For further information please click here.

Severn Waste and the LCF

Severn Waste Services has contributed over £5 million towards approved environmental and community projects.

The Company has made its contributions in two ways:

Via the Severn Waste Environmental Fund

The Company has been a strong supporter of Welcome to Our Future (WTOF); the charitable company set up in 1999 to promote the objectives of Local Agenda 21 in Worcestershire and Herefordshire. This Environmental Body has an agreement with Severn Waste to manage a proportion of the Company’s LCF contributions under the title of the ‘Severn Waste Environmental Fund’ (SWEF).

With its own local and distinctive award criteria, and project evaluation panels for the two counties, WTOF has disbursed through the SWEF over £3 million towards Approved Objects. For more information please email severnwastefund@aol.com

Via enrolled Environmental Bodies

Severn Waste has contributed money under the LCF directly to other Environmental Bodies for projects under a range of Approved Objects, relating to waste management research, dissemination of information and habitat conservation.

A summary of projects funded or committed to fund can be found on the Local Projects page of this website.

Our contribution and Added Value

It has been estimated that, nationally, for every £1 contributed to an LCF Approved Object, about £3 has been ‘levered in’ from other sources. If this is applied to Severn Waste’s contribution, then the gross benefit to the environment and communities in Herefordshire and Worcestershire is some £20 million.

The LCF allows landfill operators to recover 90% of the contributions from their landfill tax bill. But the other 10% must come from somewhere else. Many landfill operators in the UK have insisted that third parties contribute the 10% for a project to receive full funding. However, Severn Waste has always contributed the balancing 10% (over £500,000 to date) out of its own resources, as its commitment to the community in the two counties it serves.


Severn Waste Services
The Marina, Kings Road, Evesham
Worcestershire WR11 3XZ

Tel: 01386 443376
Fax: 01386 446757
Email: enquiries@severnwaste.co.uk

Mercia Waste Management
The Marina, Kings Road, Evesham
Worcestershire WR11 3XZ

Tel: 01386 443376
Fax: 01386 446757
Email: enquiries@severnwaste.co.uk

© Copyright 2016.