Severn Waste Services and Mercia Waste Management
Severn Waste Services is currently recruiting for a Monitoring Technician at our Landfill facility at Hill & Moor.
The working days will be Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm. Total of 40 hours per week.
Please see the attached job description for a full description of this role.
The employee benefits linked to this role will be discussed with candidates during the selection process.
Applicants wishing to apply for this role should inform their Line Manager and send the completed internal application form & CV to:
Nathan Stanley email@example.com or Jo Birkett – HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be sent for the attention of Nathan to the Hill & Moor address – Hill & Moor, Piddle Brook Lane, Wyre Piddle, WR102LW
Applications must be received no later than 30th April 2021
Job Title Monitoring Technician
Location Hill & Moor, Piddle Brook Lane, Wyre Piddle, Pershore, WR10 2LW
Responsible to Landfill Manager
Job Purpose To ensure the monitoring regimes at the Company’s Landfill site(s) are complied with and that the leachate treatment plant operates within the terms of the Environmental Permit.
1. To assist the Landfill Manager with the management of the Landfill & Composting Site as required to ensure
2. To comply with the Health & Safety, Environmental Permit and planning requirements.
3. To ensure site monitoring regimes and waste acceptance procedures are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the landfill permit.
4. To run the Leachate plant, maximising the throughput whilst complying with all relevant legislation.
5. To ensure sampling and analysis of waters, waste, leachate and gas are carried out in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures and landfill permit.
6. To ensure that no vehicle, plant machinery, or items of equipment are used unless it is safe to do so.
7. Monitoring the Compost Plant whilst complying with all relevant legislation. Alert the Landfill Manager of any non-compliant readings and keep all of the records as specified by the Company, Environment Agency or other external bodies.
8. To assist in the preparation of the Annual Environmental Report for the Hill and Moor Landfill Site.
9. To arrange or cover for the weighbridge duties as and when necessary, Monday to Sunday.
10. To carry out any other duties appropriate to the post including out of normal hours attendance as required.
Knowledge / Qualifications
Essential skills include; Microsoft Office expertise – particularly Excel and Word, as well as sound numerical reasoning.
Educated to at least A level or equivalent, with tertiary qualifications considered desirable.
Must possess or be willing to work towards relevant Certificates of Technical Competence for hazardous landfill and aerobic composting