Severn Waste Services and Mercia Waste Management
Severn Waste Services is currently recruiting for a Management Accountant to work at Head Office.
The role is Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 3.00pm. Total of 30 hours per week.
Please see the attached job description for a full description of this role.
The employee benefits linked to this role will be discussed with candidates during the selection process.
Applicants wishing to apply for this role should inform their Line Manager and send the completed internal application form & CV to:
Lyn Gennoe – Financial Controller firstname.lastname@example.org or Jo Birkett – HR Manager – email@example.com. Applications can also be sent to the Head Office address – The Marina, Kings Road, Evesham, WR113XZ
Applications must be received no later than 22nd April 2021
Job Description – Severn Waste Services
Job Title Management Accountant
Location Head Office, The Marina, Kings Road, Evesham, WR113XZ
Responsible to Financial Controller
Job Purpose To support the finance department with all aspects of transactional management accounting tasks.
• Preparation of Management Accounting information across multiple cost centres including reviewing coding of invoices, journal preparation and input, stock valuations, accruals, and preparation of Management Accounts files.
• Preparation of Management reporting to strict deadlines.
• Preparation of annual budget information across multiple cost centres.
• Liaison with local management and company Shareholders, and provision of financial information on a planned and ad-hoc basis.
• Presenting financial information at meetings.
• Control Account reconciliations.
• VAT compliance, reconciliations and payments.
• Liaison with Purchase Ledger regarding invoice queries, purchase orders, and payments, plus checking payment runs and assisting with foreign payments.
• Reviewing supplier Terms and Conditions.
• Oversight of lease payments.
• Petty Cash returns.
• Provision of information to external auditors and HMRC inspectors.
• Management of telecoms account for the company.
• Ensure compliance with company policies, and statutory regulations including the GDPR.
• Able to provide support for wider Finance function as required, working as part of the wider Head Office team.
• CIMA / ACCA / ACA Qualified accountant or finalist.
• Sage 200 experience desirable, but not essential, and confidence using MS Office software, especially strong grasp of Excel, including linked files, charts and tables, and Powerpoint.
• Diligent, and methodical, with a right-first-time approach.
• Able to work to strict deadlines.
• Good written and spoken communication skills, and grasp of the need for confidentiality.
• Self-starter who is able to manage own work-streams in an organised way, and in conjunction with the wider Finance department, and ensure compliance with company policies.
• Willing to work flexibly across the Christmas & New Year period due to very tight year end timetable constraints.